Standards and Standardization
One of the key priorities of REHVA is supporting the national implementation of EPBD and other EU policies related to buildings energy efficiency. REHVA works together with CEN on EPBD related standards and aims at providing guidance and capacity building services to its member associations dealing with the EPBD implementation.
CEN and/or CENELEC offer the status of Liaison Organisation to those European organisations, including fora and consortia, representing interest groups that are committed to provide input to the work of one or more CEN and/or CENELEC Technical Bodies, as defined in the CEN-CENELEC Internal Regulations Part 2.
REHVA is CEN Liaison Organisation for three Technical Committees i.e.
- CEN/TC 156 "Ventilation in buildings" (including air conditioning) - TC level official liaison Ioan Dobosi
- WG19 Joint WG between TC156 and TC371 revision of EN15251 - WG level official liaison Olli Seppanen
- WG20 Revision of EN13779 - WG level official liaison Olli Seppanen
- WG21 Revision of calculation standards EN15241, EN15242 and EN15243 - WG level official liaison Jarek Kurnitski
- WG23 Guidelines for inspection of ventilation systems and air conditioning systems - WG level official liaison Jorma Railio
- CEN/TC 228 "Heating systems and water based cooling systems in buildings" (including domestic hot water systems) - TC level official liaison Christian Feldmann
- WG04 Calculation methods and system performance and evaluation - WG level official liaison Jarek Kurnitski
- CEN/TC 371 "Project Committee on Energy Performance of Buildings" - TC level official liaison Livio Mazzarella
- WG01 EPBD Standards group - WG level official liaison Jarek Kurnitski
REHVA has access to working documents within these technical committees and participates at technical committee level as well as at working group level providing technical contributions to the body's meetings.
Besides being a CEN Liaison Organization, REHVA undertakes parallel collaboration activities with CEN e.g. REHVA Technical Report 4 REHVA nZEB technical definition and system boundaries - succesful collaboration between CEN and REHVA to ensure a common understanding of contents and consistent use of terminology in different types of publications within a certain subject.
More detailed information about the the EPBD standards and the standardization procedure (both European and global levels) can be accessed on the following pages: