Category: REHVA event
50th International Congress “Beyond NZEB retrofit of existing buildings”
10-11 May, 2017
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
As request by the European Directive 31/2010, important measures are needed to increase the number of buildings which not only fulfill current minimum energy performance requirements, but are also more energy efficient, thereby reducing both energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions. For this purpose European countries have been requested to draw up national plans for increasing the number of nearly zero- energy buildings and regularly report such plans to the Commission.
The achievement of nZEB targets requires a wide range of technologies, systems and solutions with different degrees of complexity and sophistication, depending on the location and environment conditions, but also on local legislation and market situation. In particular, for mediterranean climate conditions, how can be summarized the nZEB design challenge? A careful building planning permits to obtain indoor comfort conditions both in winter and summer with very low energy consumptions, but an important role is played by heating and air-conditioning installations, by the application of energy from renewable sources, by the passive heating and cooling elements, shading, by the indoor air-quality with adequate natural light and satisfactory indoor noise level.
- new buildings in mediterranean climate;
- the existing buildings: audit and restoration;
- energy metering and BACS;
- use of renewables;
- HVAC system technologies;
- quality of indoor environments;
- cases study.
ABSTRACTS AND PAPERS DEADLINE
- 15th January 2017 ~ complete paper submittal deadline
- 15th February 2017 ~ acceptance of papers or request for amendments
- 3rd March 2017 ~ submittal deadline for amemded papers
- 31th March 2017 ~ final acceptance papers
Download Call for Papers
Send an Abstract
For further information please click here.