Category: REHVA event
European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference
The "European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference" is held in the context of the annual World Sustainable Energy Days!
Mark your calendars for the 25-26 February 2016 and come join experts from all over the world in Wels/Austria to discuss the latest trends in building technologies, policies and markets! The first announcement is now available: www.wsed.at.
The coming years will see a sharp increase throughout Europe in the market uptake of highly efficient buildings supplied by renewable energy: by 2020, all new buildings must be "nearly zero energy buildings" (new public buildings already by 2018). According to the European Buildings Directive, a "nearly zero energy building" (NZEB) is a building with a very high energy performance and whose very low amount of required energy is covered to a very significant extent by energy from renewable sources.
The European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference 2016 offers:
· a meeting place for the global sustainable buildings community
· information about the latest technology trends and financing solutions
· presentations of standards for NZEBs and how they can be met technically and economically
· discussions on optimal levels of energy efficiency and renewable energy sources
· an outlook on the developments of European and global markets for sustainable buildings, including National Plans for NZEB
· inspirational case studies of new buildings/renovations and site visits
· a great platform for interaction between experts and business contacts
· the Young Researchers Conference - a conference for young researchers on energy efficiency in buildings
· a major tradeshow, the "Energiesparmesse", dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings with 1,600 exhibitors
Get involved: Call for Papers & Speakers - deadline 9 October 2015
You are invited to take an active part in the event through the call for papers and speakers. Share your work with the worldwide sustainable energy community - topics for the "Call for Papers & Speakers" can be found on the conference website! Submit a paper or propose a speaker! Deadline for submissions is 9 October 2015. Visit the conference website for detailed information: www.wsed.at/call.
Languages: simultaneous interpretation into German and English
Fees: 200 Euro for the European NZEB Conference (24 - 26 February, includes the "Energy Efficiency Watch Conference", the "Energy Efficiency Services Conference", the "Young Researchers Conference: Energy Efficiency" and the NZEB site visits). Information on fees for the WSED and its individual events (including student fees) is available online.
Travel and accommodation: detailed information can be found here. We advise you to make your hotel reservation as soon as possible.