Category: REHVA event
World Sustainable Energy Days
26-28 February 2014
The World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED), one of the largest annual conferences in this field in Europe, offering a unique combination of events on high energy efficiency in buildings and renewable energy heating.
For more than 20 years, experts and decision makers from all over the world flock to Upper Austria to attend these events - in 2013, more than 800 experts from 61 countries participated!
The conference is organised by the OÖ Energiesparverband, the energy agency of Upper Austria and takes place from 26-28 February 2014 in Wels/Austria.
The World Sustainable Energy Days 2014 offer a unique combination of events:
· European Pellet Conference:
The world's largest annual conference on pellets presenting technology and policy trends, markets, innovation, sustainability, finance, business models. Including the
- World Pellet Business & Technology Forum
- B2B-Meetings & Pellet Networking Platform
- Pellet News World-Wide
- "Pellet trade show" (with more than 100 pellet related exhibitors at the trade show)
· The European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference:
The European conference for discussing high efficiency buildings supplied by renewable energy: technologies, business models, policies, financing, definitions & national action plans, best practice examples, cost optimality of energy efficiency and renewable energy in new construction and renovation.
· Conference WSED next (Energy Efficiency & Biomass):
A conference to present the work of young researchers in the field of biomass and in the field of energy efficiency. The event includes a young researchers award and a R & D Networking Platform for young researchers.
· Conference "Innovative Building Technologies":
A conference dedicated to the latest developments in technology solutions for sustainable buildings with an outlook on future buildings.
· Conference "Energy Efficiency Policies":
A conference offering an update on the implementation of the EU energy efficiency policies and how they can drive innovation and employment.
· B2B Meetings:
Finding new business partners in bilateral meetings in the field of biomass & energy efficiency.
· Trade Show "Energiesparmesse":
Leading trade show on renewable energy and energy efficiency with 100,000 visitors and 1,600 exhibitors annually.
· Technical site-visits:
Technical site-visits to best practice examples in Upper Austria are organised on wood pellets & wood chips (25 Feb.) and on Nearly Zero Energy Buildings (28 Feb.).
· Poster Presentation:
The poster presentation offers the opportunity to display successful initiatives and projects on energy efficiency and renewable energy.
What is new in 2014?
The conference director, Christiane Egger, presents the following highlights and news of the World Sustainable Energy Days 2014:
• In the context of the European Pellet Conference, the B2B-Meetings, the "Pellet Networking Platform" and the session "Pellet News Worldwide" will take place for the first time.
• A new conference concept is carried out with the conference WSED next. The WSED next conference includes the "Young researchers award" for the first time.
• The new Conference "Innovative Building Technologies" is dedicated to the latest developments in technology solutions for nearly zero energy buildings (new construction and renovation).
Upper Austria is an ideal location for such a conference. By 2030, all electricity and space heating in the region will come from renewable energy sources. Already today, the region holds a leading role in energy efficiency and renewable energy sources.