The aim of the proposal is to study and propose global strategies, tools and guidelines that will promote the efficient and cost effective global implementation of advanced systems and techniques in the refurbishment of existing settlements in Europe.
The specific objectives of the proposal include:
- The combination and adaptation of scientific and technological knowledge with best engineering and architectural practice in order to study, develop, propose and disseminate global actions on the integration of energy efficient systems and techniques in existing settlements requiring refurbishment;
- The development of tools for best practice and economic efficient management and retrofitting of existing settlements;
- The study of the existing legislative framework on the implementation of advanced energy efficient systems and techniques in settlements;
- The assessment of five case studies on the energy efficient retrofitting of specific settlements in Europe;
- The integration of the results and conclusions into a set of design guidelines for managers and designers of settlements, urban sites and utilities.
The project's action plan can be downloaded by accessing this link.
This project is supported by the European Commission under IEE