The Energy Union is focusing towards more secure energy, affordable and sustainable and facilitates the free flow of energy across borders. Supports new technologies and renewed infrastructure to contribute to cutting households’ bills and creating new jobs and skills. The main aim is to move towards sustainable, low carbon and environmentally friendly economy, putting Europe at the forefront of renewable energy production, clean energy technologies, etc. The Energy Union strategy builds further on the 2030 Framework for Climate and Energy and the European Energy Security Strategy. Since the Energy Union strategy was launched in February 2015, the Commission has published several packages of measures to ensure the Energy Union is achieved.
The Commission's 'Clean Energy for All Europeans' package, which was published in November 2016, including a proposal for a Regulation on the Governance of the Energy Union. The package includes 8 different legislative proposals (each with a linked impact assessment) covering:
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Performance in Buildings
- Renewable Energy
- Governance of the Energy Union
- Electricity Market Design (the Electricity Directive, Electricity Regulation and Risk-Preparedness Regulation)
- Rules for the regulator ACER
Within REHVA EU Policy Section you will find the latest policy updates and REHVA contributions, especially on Energy Performance of Buidlings Directive (EPBD), Energy Efficiency Directive (EED), Renewable Energy Directive (RED II)and others current energy regulations being part of Energy Union.
- Impact Assessment Energy Efficiency Plan 2011: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/efficiency/action_plan/doc/20110308_efficiency_plan_impact_assesment_en.pdf
- Study on the Energy Savings Potentials in EU Member States, Candidate Countries and EEA Countries: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/efficiency/studies/doc/2009_03_15_esd_efficiency_potentials_final_report.pdf
- Progress report of the Energy Efficiency Action Plan 2006: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/efficiency/action_plan/doc/20110308_efficiency_plan_progress_report.pdf
- Action Plan for Energy Efficiency: Realising the potential: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2006:0545:FIN:EN:PDF
- Clean Energy for all Europeans 2016:https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/topics/energy-strategy-and-energy-union/clean-energy-all-europeans