- When: 05 Oct 2022
- Where: Messe Frankfurt, Building Plaza
- Event type: Seminar
Moderator: Lada Hensen, REHVA Vice-President
Four top experts have been invited to share their inputs during Light+Building on BIM topic;
- Kjartan Gudmundsson, KTH associate Professor - BIM Interoperability over the lifecycle of a project
- András Rónai, MEP Manager and BIM Consultant ÓBUDA Group - BIM for the whole building life cycle
- Maryam Daneshfar, TU Berlin research assistant, BIM-SPEED - Harmonized Building Information Speedway for Energy-Efficient Renovation
- Pablo Vicente Legazpi, Building Digital Twin Association senior researcher - Building Digital Twins, Simulation Technical Insight
The whole session was lead and moderated by the newly elected REHVA Vice-President Lada Hensen Centnerova.
This seminar took place at Messe Frankfurt, during Light + Building.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a shared knowledge resource of information for a vast range of professionals -architects, engineers, AEC- involved throughout the building lifecycle, from modelling to management. However, buildings are complex objects to design, construct and maintain, and BIM faces challenges on integrating inhomogeneous data across multiple disciplines and formats: this is where BIM interoperability issue arises.
The diversity of actors and systems involved coupled with the long-life cycle of a building decrease the ability to solve identified problems. In addition to this issue, the heterogeneous nature of applications and software systems used across the construction industry makes the BIM flow of information even more complex.
In this Expert talk, international REHVA experts from academia and industry will tackle the importance and necessity of achieving interoperability in BIM, overviewing challenges and presenting existing solutions.
Recording coming soon...
Presentations from the Expert talk can be downloaded here below.