On August 4th 2012, at the Technical University of Denmark in Lyngby a Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Associations (REHVA) and the Society of Heating, Air Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan (SHASE). The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is to strengthen the relationship between REHVA and SHASE and to promote substantial and tangible actions to increase the cooperation between the two associations.
REHVA and SHASE have the following objectives for this cooperation:
- Promote communication and information exchange between the two organizations.Promote communication and information exchange regarding building energy certification and engineer certification.
- Encourage participation at official meetings of both organizations.
- Promote the knowledge of standard development activities in Japan and in Europe.
- Promote co-operation between SHASE and REHVA technical committees.
- Sponsor and jointly organize training and educational seminars.
- Strive to develop and harmonize Japanese, European and international standards on heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Strengthen cooperation for international conferences and exhibitions which may be mutually beneficial.
- Established in 1917,SHASE, The Society of Heating, Air Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan, is a major organization with a history of over 90 years. It is also the only scientific society in the field of air-conditioning and sanitary engineering in Japan with more than 16 000 individual members and 500 company members. It main objective is to develop the science of building mechanical service system and environmental engineering including heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and sanitary engineering through education, publication, research, collaboration, standard and qualifying examination.