- When: 12 Dec 2022
Personal Environmental Control System (PECS) with the functions of heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting and acoustic has advantages of controlling the localized environment at occupant’s workstation by their preference instead of conditioning an entire room. This improves personal comfort, health and energy eﬀiciency of the entire heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system substantially. Personalized ventilation will also protect against cross contaminations, which are critical in open plan offices and workplaces with close distance.
There will in the future be an increasing interest and marked for PECS. The application is for workplaces with mainly sedentary activity like offices (open plan, banks, control centres, etc.). Due to the pandemic, where many people worked at home, there will be an increase in home working places where PECS may be a solution.
This webinar aims to present the new IEA-EBC Annex 87 on Personalized Environmental Control Systems.
This webinar is organized by the IEA EBC Annex 78 & AIVC. The webinar is facilitated by INIVE.
- 16:30 | Introduction to IEA-EBC Annex 87, Bjarne W. Olesen, ICIEE/DTU, Denmark
- 16:40 | Desk mounted Personalized ventilation systems, Ongun Berk Kazanci, ICIEE/DTU, Denmark
- 16:55 | Footwarmers providing efficient heating, Hui Zhang, UC-Berkeley, USA
- 17:10 | Questions and answers
- 17:20 | Heated and cooled chairs, Sabine Hoffmann, Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- 17:35 | Wearable heating and cooling technology, Joon-Ho Choi, University of Southern California, USA
- 17:50 | Questions and answers
- 18:00 | End of webinar
For more information please click here.