This 9th webinar focused on whole building energy performance calculations for residential buildings. At this webinar we demonstrated how the EPB standards enable to identify the impact of building and system design (insulated / non-insulated, system technology choice, renewables inclusion), outdoor climate (cold to hot) and assumed use patterns (such as occupancy and comfort schedules on the overall energy performance. We will also demonstrate how (national) choices for partial and overall EPB numerical indicators can effectively control the energy performance and set reliable minimum energy performance requirements.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations are performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
- General introduction by Giulia LEGHISSA, Scientific communication at Eurac Research (BuildUp Editorial Board)
- Brief introduction by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- Building envelope: how to identify the starting point of an nearly zero-energy building (NZEB) with heating and cooling needs and partial performance indicators by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- Technical systems: influence of design and operation mode on dedicated indicators and overall building performance by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- Moderated Q&A by Giulia LEGHISSA
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
This webinar series is jointly organized by BUILD UP and EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).