This 8th webinar represented part 1 of examples on the energy needs calculation (EN ISO 52016-1) combined with specific systems (ventilation/boiler, heat pump, chillers) and preliminary examples of whole building calculations.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations are performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
- General introduction by Giulia LEGHISSA, Scientific communication at Eurac Research (BuildUp Editorial Board)
- Brief introduction by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- Coupling of the thermal zone (EN-ISO 52016) and heat pump systems (EN 15316-4-2) by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- Coupling of the thermal zone (EN-ISO 52016) and natural ventilation (EN 16798-7) methods by Gerhard ZWEIFEL, EPB expert, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Preliminary examples of whole building calculations by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- Moderated Q&A by Giulia LEGHISSA
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
This webinar series is jointly organized by BUILD UP and EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).