The submission deadline of the EU BIM for Building Renovation Competition has been extended until 25 April 2022 (registration deadline is 18 April). The entry requirements have also been lowered as the participating teams no longer need to have a multi-disciplinary approach. Participating teams are expected to present a building renovation project that applies one of the Building Information Model (BIM) tools and methods developed by the BIM-SPEED partners, on their own or in conjunction with other tools available on the market.
The competition is free of charge for the participants and divided in two categories: professionals and students. Both categories include prizes for the three teams that best demonstrate the use of BIM-SPEED tools. For the student category, the team leader should be enrolled in an academic programme from an accredited educational institution.
The top 3 finalists, in both categories, will receive various awards:
- EU wide exposure through the BIM-SPEED communication channels and the networks of the involved umbrella organisation (besides REHVA there is the Architect Council of Europe, the European Builders Confederation & the European Construction Industry Federation).
- Opportunity to present your project during a workshop at the EU Sustainable Energy Week 2022 (September 2022), to members of the Architect Council of Europe and during the REHVA Brussels Summit 2022.
- Featured article/interview in the REHVA Journal.
- (Suitable for architect students only) Mentorship with UN Studio BIM Experts.
- Free license to use the BIM-SPEED platform & BIM tools.