On 10 March, the Commission presented a new Strategy to assist European industry’s dual transition towards both climate neutrality and digital leadership.
The new Industrial Strategy is focusing on three key priorities:
- Maintaining European industry’s global competitiveness
- Making Europe climate-neutral by 2050
- Shaping Europe’s digital future
To that end, it proposes a set of future actions, along with the key drivers that will facilitate the transformation of the European industry:
- A deeper and more digital single market
- Upholding global level playing field
- Supporting industries towards climate neutrality
- Skilling and reskilling
- Embedding a spirit of industrial innovation
- Building a more circular economy
- Investing and financing the transition
Particular attention is paid to the key role that SMEs play in this Strategy, aiming to further help them lead the twin transition with a focus on their access to the right skills, through capacity building initiatives and tools to integrate digital innovation.
Click here to read more
Download the Factsheet