Today, the European Commission has unveiled its 'State of the Energy Union' report, a yearly assessment that tracks the European Union's advancements in the realm of transitioning to cleaner energy sources.
Additionally, analysts can access a range of individual progress reports on various key subjects. You can utilize the provided codes to access these reports online:
- Detailed evaluations of how all 27 EU Member States are implementing their National Energy and Climate Plans (SWD(2023)646).
- An annual evaluation of the competitiveness of clean energy technologies within the EU (COM(2023)652).
- A report addressing the sustainability of bioenergy (Annex I to COM(2023)650).
- A report on the progress made in renovating both residential and non-residential buildings, particularly those striving to achieve nearly zero-energy status (Annex II to COM(2023)650).
- A report focusing on the implementation of the Electricity Directive (Annex III to COM(2023)650).
- The 2023 report on energy subsidies in Europe (COM(2023)651).
- A comprehensive report on the progress of climate action initiatives (COM(2023)653).
- A report detailing the quality of gasoline and diesel fuels used in road transport (COM(2023)655).
- A report on the geological storage of carbon dioxide (COM(2023)657).