The European Ventilation Industry Association (EVIA) organises the online webinar “Why the EU needs to take actions on Indoor Air Quality” that will be held on March 29th from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, as part of the Conference on the Future of Europe (COFE). The event will be broadcasted live on EVIA’s YouTube and Twitter handles.
The webinar will bring together key stakeholders in the European institutions, health organisations, academia, and think tanks to discuss the EU’s health competence relating to IAQ in light of COVID-19, and will feature the following panellists:
- Dr Stylianos Kephalopoulos, expert from the European Joint Research Center (JRC) and co-author of the study: “EU Policies on Indoor Air Quality”
- Sandrine Bladt, Expert from the Cellule Régionale d'Intervention en Pollution Intérieure - CRIPI (Green Ambulance)
- Alice Chapman-Hatchett, President of the Health and Europe Centre, president of the European Public Health Alliance (EPHA)
- Dr Lidia Morawska, Director of the International Laboratory for Air Quality and Health and author of the article: “A paradigm shift to combat indoor respiratory infection”
- Corinne Mandin, Head of the Indoor Environment Quality Division at the French Scientific and Technical Centre for Buildings (CSTB)
Followed by an interactive Q&A session with the audience.
Concluding remarks will be delivered by Serena Pontoglio, Team Leader in DG ENER Unit B3 on Buildings Policy and Renovation Wave implementation at the European Commission.