Under the framework of the BIM-SPEED EU funded project, an EU-wide survey on BIM adoption and use by European SMEs was conducted between October and December 2020. The survey was filled in by 269 respondents from 24 European countries.
A summary of the key takeaways is presented below:
- BIM usage has been increasing steadily, with higher adoption rates observed after 2016
- 40% of the responders were involved in BIM renovation projects
- Competitiveness and sustainability are the main external motivations for using BIM
- Lack of skills and awareness are the main barriers for BIM adoption by SMEs
- Personal networks and conferences are key drivers for innovation adoption
- Only 3,8% of the respondents claim that they are on track to use the full potential of BIM
Note: RHEVA’s Technology and Research Committee has a new task force on BIM and it is open for external experts, especially from REHVA Supporters’ companies.
Click here to learn more about BIM-SPEED project
Click here to visit BIM-SPEED website